Thursday, October 1, 2009

I love a parade!

...the tramping of feet,
I love every beat I hear of a drum!
I love a parade, when I hear a band
I just want to stand and cheer as they come.
That rat-a tat-tat, the blare of a horn.
That rat-a tat-tat, a bright uniform;
The sight of a drill will give me a thrill,
I thrill at the skill of everything military.
I love a parade, a handful of vets,
A line of cadets or any brigade,
For I love a parade!

So excited for this weekend, starting tomorrow! It's going to be a busy one for sure. I get to make my first official appearance as Mrs. Cleveland County International in the Noble High School Homecoming parade! GO BEARS! I didn't attend Noble but I covered them extensively as a reporter for The Oklahoman in the late 90s. Small town with BIG heart, that's for sure. A family friend, Jim Kirkpatrick, is driving his little cayenne pepper red convertible for my parade appearances. Such a sweetie! I'll be in the OU Homecoming Parade too with Mrs. Norman, Anissa Yeargain. We'll have a blast.
Here we are taking a test run to make sure I'll be comfortable. I really need to get a bunch of candy tonight to throw to the kids. Should it be chocolate or sugar candy? Hmmmmm. Either way, it's sweet!
After the parade, I'm going out to dinner or whatever my husband has planned for our 1oth Anniversary! I can't believe it's been that long. Such a ride it's been with so many blessings. I got him something really cool for our 10th but I can't tell you what it is here because I don't want him to know yet. We get it the middle of this month though and I've been saving up for several months. (Thanks Donna/Mom for helping out with it!) Here's to 50 more! Love you!
Saturday is filled with soccer and two football games (JJ's and OU). You'd think I'd get tired of being in an all boy house. Good thing this pageant is girly enough for me. Of course, I'm already Queen Bee with my boys. :)
All of this, I hope, can bring more awareness to Pancreatic Cancer funding. PanCan.org is such a wonderful cause and the network is pushing to make a difference. The KnowIt!FightIt!EndIt! agenda is so critical to inform the public. Between now and the end of National Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month in November, approximately 8,120 people will be diagnosed with the disease and begin fighting it for the first time. That's an ENORMOUS number of people who shouldn't have to wonder if they'll be around for Christmas or their next birthday!

Will one of those loved ones be yours?

No comments: