Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fortune cookies are the bomb!

Do you ever have people who come into your life and later, you realize why God put them in your path? Though I'm a fairly liberal voter, I approved Republican Thad Balkman for Oklahoma House District 45 in 2000. He came to our house a couple of times during his "stumping" and answered our questions truthfully. I've kept in touch with him over the years and now I know why.

Since I want to be able to get support in the Oklahoma State legislature for measures pertaining to pancreatic cancer, Thad was able to give me some amazing advice. His assistant, Connie Pitman, died last year of this horrible disease and was well known in the House. Thad also "introduced" me to Connie's twin sister, Colleen, who is active in the local PanCan chapter. It's been growing for the last six months and it seems the stars and God were just waiting for me to take some action of my own. Colleen says they don't have an Activity affiliate yet and I hope to fulfill that position with several of my ideas for raising awareness. With November being National Pancreatic Cancer Month, I'll be requesting a resolution to for the state House and Senate so that our legislators and Senators will be enlightened about the threat this disease poses to their constituents.

My first meeting with the local affiliate is tomorrow evening. Wish me luck and prayers!

Can you believe the timing? I really can't. Everything is falling into place.
It's like my fortune cookie said the other day, "This year, you will receive much unexpected support."

1 comment:

Dutcher Family said...

Your always in my prayers. MOM

All in God's time. Ecclesiastes 3:1
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven;